Random Team Selector
For a fencing fundraising event all attendees were being divided into two separate teams Pirates and Ninjas. This box was used to separate the two, the hand outline had a button in it, and each side had an LED on it to signify the outcome.
- Ease of construction – This was an accent piece, it had to be done without to much extra work.
- Cost – Again this is a accent piece it shouldn’t cost to much.
- Timeline – Finish everything before the event, code was started only hours before (other projects had priority).
- Circuit design – This was easy, I borrowed a small dev board added two switches and LED’s.
- Mechanical Design – Cut some boards, drilled some holes, again this was simple.
- Lead Coder – Wrote the code, again simple.
- Dev Boards – These shave tons of time off of development. Total electrical development time ~2.5 hours.
- Simplicity – Even though there wasn’t that much going on. Everyone, especially the kids loved pressing the button.